Local and National Organizations
Mundy & Associates http://www.mundyandassociates.com/new/mundyandassociates/
Business, estate, investment and life insurance planning and coordination.
Legacy Preservation, LLC http://legacypreservation.com/index.php/
Family and business history book writing. We write history…yours!
Omaha Chamber of Commerce http://www.omahachamber.org/
Promotes economic growth and provides a unifying voice for the Omaha business community.
Better Business Bureau http://www.nebraskabbb.org/
Helps you locate trusted businesses and charities in the Omaha area.
Greater Omaha Chapter of the National Safety Council http://www.safenebraska.org/
Promotes safety and health by providing programs, resource services and education to prevent both personal and economic loss associated with injuries, accidents and health hazards. Unintentional injuries are the leading cause of death for people aged 1 to 38 and the 5th cause of death overall.
National Safety Council http://www.nsc.org/
Educates and influences people to prevent accidental injury and death.
Provides pricing, unbiased car reviews, ratings, and expert advice to help you get a fair deal on your next car purchase.
Kelley Blue Book http://www.kbb.com/
Trusted resource for car buyers and dealers alike. Provides free information on current values, reviews and ratings.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development http://www.hud.gov/
Provides resources and tips on buying and selling homes, home ownership and maintenance.
U.S. Small Business Administration http://www.sba.gov/smallbusinessplanner/index.html
Provides programs and services to help small businesses start, grow and succeed.
Federal Emergency Management Agency http://www.fema.gov/
- How to prepare for a disaster http://www.fema.gov/plan/index.shtm
- Assess possible hazards and emergencies in your area http://www.fema.gov/plan/determine.shtm
- What to do in the first 48 hours following a disaster http://www.fema.gov/plan/ehp/response.shtm
- How to apply for disaster assistance http://www.fema.gov/assistance/index.shtm
- Get prepared for winter storms http://www.fema.gov/hazard/winter/index.shtm
National Flood Insurance Program
Learn about the chances of flooding in your area and the steps you can take to obtain flood insurance.
Insurance Information Institute www.iii.org
The mission of the Insurance Information Institute (I.I.I.) is to improve public understanding of insurance — what it does and how it works. Their website is full of useful information and helpful tips for the insurance consumer. Here are links to a few informative pages:
- Homeowners Insurance Basics http://www.iii.org/individuals/homei/
- How to file a homeowners claim http://www.iii.org/individuals/homei/help/howclaim/
- Auto Insurance Basics http://www.iii.org/individuals/auto/
- How to file an auto claim http://www.iii.org/individuals/auto/file/how/