Homeowners Insurance in Omaha, NE
A homeowners policy protects your dwelling and personal property from many perils including:
- Fire, Smoke and Explosion
- Hail, Wind and Lightning
- Vehicle, Aircraft and Falling Objects
- Electrical Currents
- Theft and Vandalism
- Glass Breakage
- Frozen Pipes
- Water from Plumbing Systems
You may need additional protection beyond the coverage in a standard homeowners policy. Basic coverage can be increased or extended to provide:
- Guaranteed/Increased Dwelling Replacement Cost
- Equipment Breakdown
- Identity Theft Expense
- Fine Arts
- Jewelry, Watches, Furs
- Water/Sewer Backup or Sump Pump Failure
- Recreational Vehicle or Golf Cart
A homeowners policy offers the following liability coverages to protect you and your family.
- Personal Liability Protection
- Legal Defense Costs
- Medical Payments to Others
- Damage to Property of Others
- Acts of Children
- Acts of Pets
What is a Flood?
Flood insurance covers direct physical loss caused by “flood.” A Flood is defined as excess of water on land that is normally dry. Flood losses are excluded under homeowners insurance. You must purchase a separate policy to cover this exposure.
The National Flood Insurance Program defines a flood as a general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of two or more acres of normally dry land area or of two or more properties (at least one of which is your property) from:
- Overflow of inland or tidal waters
- Unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source
- Mudflow*, collapse, or subsidence of land along the shore of a lake or similar body of water as a result of erosion or undermining caused by waves or currents of water exceeding anticipated cyclical levels that result in a flood as defined above
A Personal Umbrella Liability policy will provide additional protection for your assets should you become legally liable for an incident. This policy will go over your underlying homeowners or auto policy when those limits are exhausted. Call us today to go over this coverage and how it can help you.